A fundamental reason for working in our field is a desire to help those suffering.
However, it is the empathic response that creates the greatest risk to Burnout, Vicarious trauma and Compassion fatigue.
The good news is that by applying the ABCs of Resilience (Awareness; Balance and Connection) we can neutralise the negative effects of our work.
This workshop aims to reinvigorate your passion for working in your chosen field and re-experience the joy of helping those in need.
This workshop introduces the negative impact of helping and highlights strategies to protect us from it.
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Care for health workers while they care for others
- Outline the cause and impact of compassion fatigue on individuals and the workplace
- Reflect on the impact of personal attitudes, actions, frames of reference and choices on coping and resilience
- Enhance skills to promote feelings, attitudes, actions, and choices to enhance resilience and improve practise
- Implement the 5 Step Approach to preventing Compassion Fatigue
- Identify personal risk factors for compassion fatigue
- Identify personal goals that form part of a self-care plan to enhance wellbeing and performance
- Identify workplace practices that support the wellbeing of health workers