Couples & Family Therapist , Counsellor, Trauma Specialist
MCouns, GDip Psych
Kyo is a couples and family therapist who is passionate about everything to do with relationships. Kyo has an interesting background having lived in four different countries and understands that sometimes two people coming together is similar to a culture clash.
Kyo is compassionate and understands the complexities that couples and families can bring. She will help to create a safe and loving environment where all parties will feel heard and accepted. It is her belief that we need support to communicate effectively and to have new perspectives about our conflicts and experiences in relationships. Kyo uses the most recent evidence-based family therapy, such as Gottman approach and Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
Before joining the team, Kyo has worked as a trauma specialist counsellor for services that support those impacted by family violence and sexual assault. Furthermore, based on her fluency in Korean and conversational Mandarin, Kyo has a profound understanding and special interest in language and communication.
Kyo would be especially suitable for couples or families who want a counsellor that could work with faith and religion as she has a profound understanding of different spiritual world views and their communities.
If you’re interested to know more about Kyo, check out her blogs below:
- How to talk to your partner about money
- How to choose the right couples counsellor for your relationship
- How to improve communication with your partner in four easy steps
- What to expect from couples therapy
- 5 Easy ways to deal with anger in your relationship
- How to get over an affair
- What the Squid Game taught us: Rules to win in relationships
- Emotional distress in relationships and what to do about it
- How to support partner with depression/anxiety
- Saving relationships from social media
- Boundaries with parents
- 7 Ways to Talk to Teens Who Won’t Talk